Compensation for Hotel Injuries
Hotels have a legal duty to provide a reasonably safe environment for their guests. If they allow dangers on hotel property, and you’re hurt, you may qualify to receive compensation.
Suing a Hotel for Injury
Hotel operators must take steps to eliminate unreasonable risks of harm. In Pickard v. City and County of Honolulu, the court stated that a hotel has a duty of care for all people who are anticipated to be on the property. They must exercise reasonable care with no distinction in status for an invitee or licensee. The hotel must warn of defects and dangers.
When suing a hotel for injury, we show how the hotel knew or should have known of the danger. Then, we explain how they didn’t take reasonable steps to fix the danger or warn people to avoid it. Open and obvious danger is not a complete defense. We identify your damages and show how the harm was the result of the dangerous condition.
Are you wondering about suing a hotel for injury? We want to help. Call or message us to talk about your case.
Hotel Negligence Settlements
Our law firm pursues hotel negligence trial verdicts and settlements for people who have been injured in a hotel. Recovery Law Center focuses on representing victims to receive the payments they deserve.
Going on vacation, traveling for work or for a personal matter should have been an enjoyable experience. If an accident happens, you can be left feeling angry and frustrated. You may wonder how to get justice and hold the hotel accountable. We can assist with:
- Responding if the hotel denies liability
- Circumstances where the causes of the injury need to be investigated
- Single owners and chain hotels
- Claims involving Hawaii residents and visitors to the area
- Injuries that occur during business and personal travel
- Situations where the person was a hotel guest or visiting for a meeting or event
- Determining the amount of damages including pain and suffering
- Addressing jurisdiction and forum questions
- Understanding the laws and your right to compensation
- Investigating and gathering evidence to prove your case
With more than 25 years of experience, we are trained and determined litigators. The mission of Recovery Law Center is to stand with victims. By providing you with the legal representation you deserve, we assist with your physical, financial and emotional recovery.
We research, build and pursue your case. Throughout the legal proceedings, we are working towards a fair settlement or trial verdict that reflects your losses and suffering.
What injuries is a hotel liable for?
A hotel injury is a type of personal injury. Compensation is available based on the losses that result to the victim. Economic and non-economic damages may be claimed. Punitive damages are rare, but they may be awarded in cases of egregious conduct on the part of those at fault for the accident.
Hotel injury compensation may include:
- Emergency medical bills
- Long-term medical care, physical therapy, mobility aids and prescriptions
- Lost income and benefits, long-term career damage
- Property damage
- Cost of additional hotel stays if needed while stabilizing the injury
- Special transportation arrangements to return home while injured
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional anguish
- Mental health injuries
- Decline in lifestyle, personal activity limitations
Our team identifies your damages and proves the amount you deserve with detailed evidence.
Don’t settle for less than you deserve. Let our team fight for you.