Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Honolulu, Hawaii
Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Honolulu, HI
Motorcycles make up only 3 percent of all registered vehicles on the road, but they are responsible for more than 14 percent of all traffic fatalities, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). Motorcycle accidents are often severe because they are unenclosed vehicles that expose riders to more serious injuries.
NHTSA created the Share the Road program to focus specifically on the safety of motorcyclists and bikers. Unfortunately, motorcycle accidents still happen, and motorcyclists find themselves seriously injured after collisions.
If you have suffered injuries due to a motorcycle accident in Hawaii, you may be eligible for compensation that can provide you with the relief you need to cover your medical expenses, wages lost from time off work and other losses. If you were injured due to the fault of someone else, you deserve relief. The Recovery Law Center in Honolulu stands ready to help you seek justice.
The Key to a Successful Claim after a Honolulu Motorcycle Accident Is Strong Representation.
While you are recovering, the last thing on your mind should be insurance claims, frustrating paperwork, and complicated legal proceedings. Our motorcycle accident lawyer in Honolulu, Glenn Honda, has been helping motorcycle accident victims in Hawaii for more than 20 years, and he is ready to put his experience to work on your case. He and his knowledgeable personal injury attorneys in Hawaii at Recovery Law Center have the experience you need to pursue the maximum compensation available to you by law, either in a satisfactory settlement or a favorable verdict.
Call us today to get started on your case with a free consultation.
Why Are Motorcycle Accident Claims More Complicated?
The first step in determining fault for a motorcycle accident is to identify the potentially liable parties. This includes anyone who could have been associated with the accident, such as:
- Other drivers – The drivers of the other vehicle or vehicles involved in your accident are the most likely parties to your claim.
- Pedestrians – If a pedestrian steps into oncoming traffic without the right-of-way, a motorcyclist must take evasive action to avoid hitting them. If a pedestrian was at fault for your motorcycle accident, they could be held responsible.
- Motorcycle manufacturer – Perhaps your accident was caused or worsened by malfunctioning parts, such as the brakes or another mechanism on your motorcycle. If so, you may have grounds for a product liability claim.
- Motorcycle designers – Occasionally, the actual design of a motorcycle causes accidents, which would lead to a products liability claim in your case.
- Government agencies – If your motorcycle accident resulted from an unreasonably dangerous condition with the road itself, it may be possible to hold liable the government agency responsible for the roadways.
Once you have established who the liable parties may be in your case, the next step is to identify whether they were negligent. Negligence is a legal term used to identify fault in civil cases.
To prevail in a Honolulu motorcycle accident claim, you must build a case that establishes negligence. This requires significantly more information than a description of what happened and truly requires the help of a legal professional. Our Honolulu motorcycle accident attorneys can fully analyze the circumstances of your crash and determine who was negligent.