People travel from all over the world to visit the beautiful islands of Hawaii. For those of us who live here year-round, we enjoy experiencing all the events in Honolulu and beyond, especially around the holidays. Read more below to find out about some exciting events coming up on Oahu.
Top Five “Can’t Miss” Events in Honolulu
- Get into the holiday spirit at Honolulu City Lights. This holiday lighting display has taken place every year since 1985. Enjoy concerts and family-friendly events through December 29, including on Christmas Day. Parking is free in the city municipal parking lot, with entry from the left lane of Beretania Street right after Alapai Street.
- Just because Christmas is over doesn’t mean the magic has to end. Attend the International Brotherhood of Magicians 185’s 8th Annual Hawaii Magic Festival on December 29. The event will be held in Honolulu’s Kaimuki High School Auditorium and starts at 7 p.m. This is a fantastic Hawaii event for families, so bring the kids and spend the evening being mystified by award-winning magic acts from around the islands.
- The Hawaii Bowl has been played at Honolulu’s Aloha Stadium annually since 2002. This year, the college football bowl game will take place on Christmas Eve and will feature the Hawaii Rainbow Warriors against the Brigham Young University Cougars. Out-of-towners fill the stadium with their team colors and energy, making for an exciting day.
- The Hawaii Convention Center is hosting Winter Wishes — A Holiday Festival through December 24. The event features an ice-skating rink, a gingerbread house competition, music, keiki activities and food and drink. Part of the proceeds will benefit childhood literacy in Hawaii in partnership with Kristi Yamaguchi’s Always Dream Foundation.
- Don’t forget the Waikiki Beach Fireworks Show every Friday night. This is an event that you can enjoy all year long. The Hilton Hawaiian Village puts on this free fireworks show, which typically begins around 7:45 p.m. Start your weekend off with a bang by watching from the concrete pier in front of the Outrigger Reef on the Beach.
Contact Recovery Law Center
For over 25 years, Honolulu personal injury attorney Glenn Honda has helped locals, tourists, military service members and others injured in accidents in Honolulu and its surrounding communities. If you were harmed in an Oahu accident and believe someone else is to blame, you’ll find a sympathetic ear and solid legal advice with us.