What to Do After a Motorcycle Accident in Honolulu, HI
Knowing what to do after a motorcycle accident isn’t easy. The aftermath of the crash can leave you disoriented, in pain, and fearful for your health, livelihood, and future.
Getting answers to your questions is essential. A motorcycle accident attorney at Recovery Law Center can help. For more than 25 years, we’ve provided comprehensive and compassionate legal services to clients in Honolulu and throughout Oahu.
Here are some tips to protect your health and any injury claims you need to file after a motorcycle crash in Honolulu.
- Call 911: Getting medical treatment is always the priority after a motorcycle accident. Call 911 to summon paramedics and police to the accident scene. If you need emergency treatment, don’t refuse the ambulance ride. You can get the official accident report later.
- Collect evidence: If you’re able, get the names, contact information, and insurance information for everyone involved in the accident. Next, see if there are any witnesses to the crash and find out how to contact them for statements. Take photos of the damage to your motorcycle, the damage to any other vehicles, any injuries, and the surrounding crash environment. If you notice any traffic or surveillance cameras, make a note of them.
- See a doctor: If you aren’t taken to a hospital from the accident scene, see a doctor right away. If you have internal injuries, delaying treatment could have life-threatening consequences. Waiting to get medical care could also reduce the effectiveness of your argument for full and fair compensation. The liable parties may argue that you aggravated your injuries by putting off treatment.
- Don’t talk to anyone about the motorcycle accident: Anything you say about an accident can potentially be used against you to deny your claim or reduce the amount of compensation you receive. Say as little as possible about the accident until you’ve spoken to a motorcycle accident lawyer.
- Start a journal: You’re allowed to seek compensation for your physical pain and emotional anguish after a motorcycle accident, but it’s hard to obtain without proof. By keeping a journal about how your pain affects your everyday life and keeps you from enjoying daily activities, you can make a strong case for compensation.
- Talk to a Honolulu motorcycle accident lawyer: There’s a lot of work involved if you want to get fair compensation for your injuries after a motorcycle crash. An experienced attorney can gather the evidence needed to support your case, handle settlement negotiations, and take care of all your legal needs while you heal.
Contact a Hawaii Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Don’t leave your ability to recover compensation up to chance. Let the Hawaii motorcycle accident lawyers at the Recovery Law Center fight for you.
There’s nothing to lose and everything to gain by scheduling a free consultation. Call or visit our contact page to get started.the peace you need.