We are Hawaii sideswipe accident lawyers. See how Recovery Law Center can represent you so that you can focus on your healing. Message us now to talk about your case.
Experienced Lawyers for Sideswipe Accident Victims
When someone carelessly enters your lane and causes a sideswipe accident, victims may suffer serious injury. Experienced legal representation can ensure that you get the compensation that you deserve.
If you are the victim of a sideswipe accident, you should know:
- Hawaii laws protect the rights of sideswipe accident victims
- You may claim compensation. For serious injury, Hawaii no-fault rules do not apply
- Damages may include medical bills, lost income, vehicle damage, pain and suffering and more
- Many claims are settled through insurance policies
- To receive compensation, you must identify fault, total your damages and make your claim
- Our lawyers can represent you throughout the claims process
Our Hawaii sideswipe accident lawyers are professionals dedicated to ensuring victims are treated fairly. Recovery can be a long journey. The payment that you receive is critical to your physical health and emotional well-being.
We take our job seriously. Recovery Law Center is a law firm dedicated exclusively to helping victims through the compensation process.
Get a Hawaii sideswipe accident lawyer for your case. Call (808) 597-8888 now to begin.
Settlements and Judgments for Sideswipe Accident Victims
Our Hawaii Sideswipe Accident lawyers help victims achieve fair settlements and judgments for victims. We are experienced litigators. It is our goal to resolve the case in the way that is right for you, whether it is pursuing a settlement or seeking a judgment through trial.
Understanding Sideswipe Accidents
Hawaii is home to many busy roadways including primary and auxiliary interstates H-1, H-2, H-3 and H-201. There are many state highways and local roads that serve residents and visitors. These are all places where a sideswipe accident may occur.
What is a sideswipe accident?
A sideswipe accident occurs when two vehicles collide at the side of each vehicle. The vehicles were traveling in the same direction at the time of the crash.
Causes of sideswipe accidents
It can be hard to understand why people sideswipe. After all, it’s a preventable accident that results in significant harm. Here are some causes of sideswipe accidents:
- Failing to properly check that the lane is clear
- Not yielding as required by law
- Distracted driving like looking at a device, personal grooming or eating
- Trying to move over to get to an exit lane
- Taking evasive action to avoid another vehicle
- Road conditions or a vehicle malfunction that pushes a vehicle into another lane
- Medical episode, falling asleep at the wheel
Each driver is responsible for operating their vehicle safely. When negligent operation causes a sideswipe accident, the driver is responsible for paying compensation for serious injury and related losses. Most claims are settled through insurance.
Who is at fault for sideswipe?
The party at fault for a sideswipe is the party that departed from their lane of travel without having the right of way. Usually, it is the driver entering the lane of travel that is already occupied.
Hawaii laws for sideswipe accidents
Hawaii law requires drivers to maintain their lane of travel, changing lanes only when they can do so safely. There are also laws for traffic flow on three-lane roadways. Drivers must obey traffic control devices. They must signal before changing lanes. (Hawaii Rev. Stat. § 291C-49, § 291C-84).
Potential Injuries and Losses
A sideswipe accident can cause physical injury, personal suffering and economic losses. Here are some examples of the injuries and losses that may be sustained:
- Broken bones, fractures
- Traumatic brain injury, skull trauma, loss of consciousness
- Internal organ damage, loss of bodily function
- Spinal cord injury and paralysis
- Cuts and bruises from broken glass and protruding objects
- Secondary impact from additional crashes that result
- Property damage to the vehicle, road fixtures and personal items
- Wrongful death
All these injuries and losses deserve fair compensation. Our lawyers can help you achieve it.
Contact us today for a personal case review.
Can you get whiplash from a sideswipe?
Whiplash is a common sideswipe injury. When impact occurs, the head and neck can be thrown at a high speed, beyond what the muscles can withstand. This force can make muscles sore, strain ligaments and put pressure on tendons. These injuries heal slowly and cause significant pain.
Our Law Firm is in the Recovery with You
Recovery Law Center is passionate about serving clients who are suffering from the aftermath of a serious accident. Serving clients throughout Hawaii, we are proud to be a resource for those who need help claiming compensation.
Founder Glenn Honda brings more than 25 years of experience to this mission. The law firm has developed the resources and team to aggressively fight for the interests of victims in sideswipe accidents.
Here are some ways our law firm stands apart:
- We represent only victims. This focus makes us highly experienced in the issues that matter to you the most.
- Availability 24/7. Call us now – really!
- Whether you are the victim or a family member grieving the loss of a loved one, we are proud to serve you with our professional and compassionate team.
- Claims are handled throughout Hawaii.
- Residents and travelers to our state are welcome to use our services.
- We listen to your story and develop smart legal strategies. Communication with you is important as we work to understand your needs.
- Using all resources at our disposal, we pursue a customized case plan for each valued client.
- Law firm honors and awards include Lawyers of Distinction, Best of Hawaii (KITV4), Top Lawyers Top 100 Registry and Top 10 Attorneys of the American Jurist Institute.
We invite you to get to know our team. Learn about our services and our track record of success helping people just like you.
Start Your Case Today – Free Consultations
Do you need a Hawaii sideswipe accident lawyer? Are you wondering how legal representation can help you?
Contact Recovery Law Center now for your free consultation. We’re currently taking new cases.
Call 808-427-3088 or message us now.