Work with experienced Hawaii rear-end accident lawyers at Recovery Law Center. Our team pursues compensation for accident victims.
Legal Representation for Rear-End Accident Victims
Recovery Law Center is a Hawaii law firm devoted to representing the interests of victims. When your injuries are painful and costly, you need a legal team that fights for the compensation you deserve.
Our lawyers are in the fight with you. We understand how devastating it is to be a crash victim. We also know how a legal case can quickly become complicated. When you work with our rear-end accident lawyers, you can expect us to use every possible avenue to help you recover.
Talk to a rear-end accident lawyer now. Call 808-427-3088 to connect with our team.
We Serve Passengers, Drivers and Pedestrians
Recovery Law Center represents passengers and drivers in rear-end accident claims. Even if you were a pedestrian that was struck, we can represent you in your claim for a monetary payment.
Here are some reasons people hire Recovery Law Center for their rear-end accident claims:
- Founder and owner Glenn Honda brings more than 25 years of experience to representing people in all types of injury claims
- The mission of Recovery Law Center is to provide excellent legal representation to crash victims. We’ve built our team and resources around serving your needs
- We recognize the issues and questions that are important to accident victims. We have the legal skills and insights to represent your interests
- Consultations are always free. Plus, we are available 24/7. Being available and responsive is important to us
- Wherever your accident occurred throughout Hawaii, we can represent you. We handle claims throughout the state. Meet in our Honolulu or Waipahu offices, or we can meet you in the hospital, at home or another convenient place
- Our team has a track record of success. KITV 4 recognized us with the Best of Hawaii First Place honor. We’ve been recognized by Lawyers of Distinction and given a Top Rated Superb rating from AVVO. These honors reflect our commitment to you
It is our mission to provide dedicated, personalized legal representation for each person we represent. If you’ve been in a rear-end accident, we want to help you, too. Call (808) 597-8888 to begin.
Understanding Rear-End Accident Claims
What is a rear-end accident?
A rear-end accident occurs when the front of a vehicle strikes the back of the vehicle directly in front of it.
How common are rear-end crashes?
29% of motor vehicle crashes are rear-end crashes. (NHTSA, Analyses of Rear-End Crashes).
Can you sue for a rear-end accident in Hawaii?
Yes, you can sue for a rear-end accident. Hawaii’s no fault laws do not apply if you reach a threshold of serious or permanent injury or if your injuries exceed personal injury protection (PIP) coverage amounts.
Our lawyers look at all possibilities for you to receive fair compensation for your rear-end accident. Call us today at (808) 597-8888.
Causes of rear-end collisions
Common causes of rear-end collisions include:
- Brake failure
- Distracted driving
- Poorly calculating the needed stopping distance
- Drunk driving/Driving under the influence
- Failing to signal when turning
- Purposefully slamming on the brakes to commit insurance fraud
- A third driver or pedestrian pulling out in front of the vehicle in front
- The vehicle in front operating without functioning taillights
Is the driver of the vehicle in the back always at fault for a rear-end car accident?
The vehicle in the back is usually at fault for a rear-end car accident, but not always. In general, the vehicle in the back is expected to be able to stop even if the front vehicle stops suddenly. However, there are a few situations where the driver in the back is not at fault like when the front vehicle does not have operating brake lights or if someone else obstructed traffic.
Tailgating as the cause of a rear-end collision
HI Rev Stat § 291C-50 prohibits a driver from following another vehicle too closely. The standard is what is reasonable and prudent. Generally, a driver should leave enough distance for the vehicle in front of them that they are able to stop if the front vehicle stops, even unexpectedly.
If tailgating is the cause of a rear-end collision, the second vehicle may be at fault because they were following too closely to the vehicle in front of them. Another way it may be referred to is failing to stop in the assured, clear distance ahead. The driver may receive a ticket for violating HI Rev Stat § 291C-50 (2013).
Representing Hawaii Accident Victims
You may think that a rear-end accident is a simple matter. However, the insurance companies have ways that they attempt to minimize compensation. When we represent you, we fight back against these tactics. Our team may assist you with:
- Investigating fault, including lesser-known causes like a third-party employer or vehicle malfunction
- Responding to allegations of shared fault that could lower your compensation amount
- Gathering and organizing evidence, including working with experts to present your case in court
- Accident reconstruction, if necessary, to demonstrate how the accident occurred and how it caused your injuries
- Presenting evidence of damages including medical needs, and pain and suffering
- Talking to the insurance companies and the other party so you don’t have to
- Communicating with you and answering your questions throughout the case
Being an accident victim can interrupt all areas of your life. Not only do you have physical injuries and medical bills, but you have physical suffering. You may not be doing activities you used to enjoy. Things aren’t the same.
The compensation you receive should reflect what you are going through. Recovery Law Center wants to be the professional team that works on your behalf. It’s the mission of our law firm that each person and family has the legal representation they deserve.
We invite you to get to know our legal team. Start your case for compensation today.
Free Consultation – Taking New Cases Today
Work with a Hawaii rear-end accident lawyer today. Start with your free consultation to see how we can help you. We are taking new cases.