Five Critical Functions of a Car Accident Lawyer
If you’ve been severely injured in a car accident caused by someone else’s negligence, a car accident lawyer could be a valuable ally in your fight to claim fair compensation for your losses. But if you’ve never hired an attorney before, you probably don’t know how much of a difference legal representation can make in the outcome of your case. Keep reading to find out. You could also call Recovery Law Center for a personalized consultation with a Honolulu car accident lawyer. There’s no charge and no obligation. Contact us now.
What Can a Car Accident Lawyer Do for Me?
Five critical functions a Honolulu car accident attorney could handle if you’ve been in a crash include:
- Explaining your legal rights — An experienced car accident lawyer can explain the insurance claims process, who might be liable for your injuries, what you can be compensated for, how long the process will take, and other aspects of your case. This may sound like basic information, but a more thorough understanding of your rights will make the process easier to follow and help you recover additional compensation for your losses.
- Properly assessing and placing a value on your claim — Hawaii is a no-fault auto insurance state, which means you will first turn to your own insurance company to cover your accident-related expenses. In some instances, Hawaii personal injury law also allows car accident victims to pursue compensation for additional losses. This includes your lost wages, reduced earning potential, damaged personal property, excess medical bills, pain and suffering, emotional distress, and more. A lawyer can determine whether you can step out of Hawaii’s no-fault insurance system. An attorney can also document the losses you’ve suffered to build a convincing claim for maximum compensation.
- Negotiating with the insurance company — Insurance carriers make money by collecting premium payments and paying out as little as possible to claimants. This means they’ll be looking for any excuse to dismiss your claim. To seek the money you need for your medical costs and other injuries after a car crash, hire an experienced car accident lawyer from Recovery Law Center to handle settlement negotiations for you.
- Avoiding mistakes — You don’t want to lose out on compensation for your injuries by making tiny but significant errors. A car accident lawyer can make sure your claim is filed correctly and on time, which will speed up the claims process and make things easier on you.
- Filing a lawsuit (if necessary) — Most car accident claims are resolved in out-of-court settlements with the liable party’s insurance company. However, there are times when an insurance company won’t negotiate in good faith. When this happens, it may be necessary to file a lawsuit and fight for compensation in court.
Contact a Car Accident Lawyer in Honolulu Today
Ready to speak to a Honolulu car accident lawyer about your case? Contact Recovery Law Center to review your case with one of our skilled trial lawyers today. There’s nothing to lose and everything to gain from a free consultation.