A Car Accident Can Ruin Your Beach Vacation

Glenn Honda | | Car Accidents
A Car Accident Can Ruin Your Beach Vacation

No one ever expects to get in a car accident, especially on vacation. Now your perfect escape has gone tragically wrong, and you don’t have the comfort of being in familiar surroundings to know what to do. What happens next?

Vacation car accidents can be a nightmare, but an experienced Honolulu personal injury lawyer can help. Attorney Glenn Honda and the team at Recovery Law Center help tourists injured in car accidents while visiting Hawaii. We strive to make obtaining compensation as easy as possible for you. You do not even have to be in Hawaii as your case proceeds. Contact us today for a free consultation with an experienced car accident lawyer.

Steps to Take After a Car Accident During Vacation

Follow these steps if you get hurt in a car accident on vacation on Oahu:

  • Report the crash and injury to the police right away.
  • Take photos and videos of the accident scene.
  • Get the other driver’s name, contact information, and insurance information.
  • Seek medical treatment as soon as possible.
  • Save your medical records, receipts, and pay stubs.
  • Do not give a formal statement to the insurance company without speaking with a local lawyer.
  • Contact a Hawaii car accident attorney at Recovery Law Center right away.

Can I File a Claim if I am Not a Hawaii Resident?

You have the right to seek compensation for your injuries after an accident in Hawaii, even if you do not live here. Hawaii’s personal injury and negligence laws apply to anyone involved in an accident in the state.

The more significant obstacle to filing a car accident lawsuit in Hawaii is the state’s no-fault insurance laws. Under these laws, you must prove your injuries meet a certain threshold or that you spent a certain amount of money on treatment before you are eligible to file a suit. A car accident lawyer familiar with Hawaii’s insurance laws can compile the evidence needed to build a strong claim.

Why Do I Need to Contact a Lawyer in the State Where I Had the Accident?

Only attorneys licensed to practice law in Hawaii can represent you in a lawsuit. If you have a lawyer back home, they can’t help unless they are also licensed in Hawaii.

Furthermore, every state has unique laws concerning car accidents and personal injury lawsuits. You need an attorney who thoroughly understands the laws specific to the state where the accident occurred. An out-of-state lawyer would be at a significant disadvantage when trying to defend your rights.

Finally, an attorney in Hawaii can represent you during most or all of the necessary court hearings so you do not have to attend. Traveling to Hawaii multiple times throughout a lawsuit would be expensive and inconvenient, but a local lawyer can be present and available to handle your case.

How Recovery Law Center Can Help

Hawaii is one of the top tourist destinations in the world, but that doesn’t mean tourists are immune from real-life troubles and tragedies. At Recovery Law Center, we know how overwhelming it can be to deal with the consequences of a car accident when you are on vacation. We want to help. There’s nothing to lose and everything to gain by scheduling a free consultation. Call or contact us online now.

Glenn Honda

For over 29 years, attorney Glenn Honda has helped people injured in accidents throughout Hawaii get the best outcome for their case, whether it’s maximizing their settlement, or balancing costs and risks vs. putting the whole experience behind them. As the founding attorney of the Recovery Law Center, he is passionate about helping his clients with their physical, emotional and financial recovery. Mr. Honda will fight to get you coverage for your medical bills, lost wages, damaged property and other costs related to your accident.

Get Your Free Consulation

Video Chat Checkbox